Wednesday, November 7, 2012

XRDP Login with Black Screen issue

After trying a couple of things on the Linux server and found nothing wrong with the configuration of XRDP server, I was wondering what exactly caused this whereas I got used to login properly without any issue with RDP client on Mac OS X.

Is it something wrong with an update on Microsoft RDP client, or something deep inside my connection profile?

Just found this a reply on the forum which points me to the right direction.

According to the replies in the forum
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xrdp/forums/forum/389417/topic/4880098,
it looks like a problem in the domain settings in my connection profile which has been remembered since I connected to some other servers whereas a domain needs to be specified. In Preference, I simply cleared the field Domain and now my XRDP session can be connected again with no further issue.


Apart from the black screen, here's our login session window again!


The same thing may happen on Windows RDP client as well. So, please beware of the Domain when logging in XRDP next time.











No comments:

Post a Comment